The last couple of days have been tough. Especially yesterday. Jonathan has been crying sort of constantly -- basically inconsolable. He has had a cold, and has been coughing a lot, and I had been attributing his fussiness to that. But then just a couple hours ago I noticed ANOTHER tooth sticking out on his top gums! Poor boy has cut three teeth in the last week! And it looks like a fourth is close behind. Ouch! That has got to hurt!
Maybe also contributing to his emotional state is the fact that he misses his Daddy -- Stephen's been out of town since last Thursday. Bleh. But he comes home tonight!
Is that normal to cut so many all at once? I'll google it.
In other news....
I ran a "homemade" 5k this last Saturday! -- a friend of mine organized the run for fun, which means we didn't have to pay an entry fee or anything :) That is why I've not ran a race up till now -- I'm too cheap to be willing to fork over $30 when I could just go out and run for free! I know, I know...the runs are always for good causes but still!
Anyway, this "5k" race was actually only 3.0 miles. The first half was basically all down hill. Nice, except the finish line was the same as the starting line so that means the second half was basically ALL uphill. And the final stretch was REALLY steep.
Anyway, there were 7 of us running...and I tied for first! Boo-yah! But once you hear my time you won't be so impressed...30 minutes. I was hoping to beat ten-minute miles but I think the mile and half of all uphill at the end did me in. I was going pretty slow at some points. Oh well. I was proud of all of us for doing it! We're planning another one in 4 weeks! At that point I'll be over 27 weeks pregnant - 6 1/2 months. So we'll see if I can run much of it at all.
I need to just say something about the AWESOME friends I have here. You know how it usually takes a long time to find your niche in a group of friends when you move somewhere new? Well that has not been the case here. The ward we moved into here is just so welcoming! I have such a fun, supportive, caring group of friends here. It will be so hard to leave them when we move.
For some reason I'm having trouble downloading the pictures we took of us before and after the 5k. I'll post them later if I can figure it out...
I loved reading your new posts! I now have your blog listed on my blog so I can check it periodically.I will try to do better blogging about us. The move has really thrown my blogging groove off. And now for a personal question (my specialty): Doesn't it hurt your pregnant boobs to run? You must have a great supportive bra!
ReplyDeleteWay to go on your 5K! I'm finding myself getting less and less motivated to run now! gah! Plus my appetite has increased 100 fold in the last week, and have gained what feels like 5 pounds in 2 days, I swear. I can't wait for your pictures pictures! Are you still nursing?
ReplyDelete