Funny things Jonathan does (that are probably only funny to us since EVERYTHING he does is cute to two very proud parents):
For some reason his yawns freak him out. Every time he yawns, he screams out afterwards and looks terrified.
Is it just me and Stephen, or are babies bowel movements hilarious? Case in point -- We got Jonathan out of his bed to change his diaper and nurse him. He had peed quite a bit -- didn't expect anything more would be coming anytime soon. I then fed him and while feeding, he let out a really loud, explosive toot which sounded nice and wet :) Stephen heard it from the other room it was so loud -- and of course Jonathan looked very innocent, totally unembarrassed by the whole thing. This in and of itself was really funny to me but read on, it gets much better. A few minutes later, he did it again. I finished feeding him and then we went to change him. While doing so, he started peeing, and ended up peeing TONS (he does this probably half of all his diapers changes btw) all over himself and the changing pads. Meanwhile I was trying to stop the pee from getting everywhere but gave up finally and just let him pee it out -- there was no stopping it. Then right after he finished, he spit up all over himself. So now we have pee all over the place, poop all over his bum and in his open diaper that I still hadn't had a chance to clean up, and spit up on his face and the changing pad. I'm sure this wouldn't always be funny, but we were laughing our heads off. So we clean everything up and put a nice new diaper on him. Man that felt good after he had made such a mess. Not even a minute after we had finished changing him, he looks up at Stephen with his big innocent eyes and lets out another wet, explosive toot. Really Jonathan? We were in stitches at this point - his comedic timing was excellent. And then I changed him again for the third time in 45 minutes. If you'd like to donate to his diaper fund, let me know.
I can't figure out why for sure but almost every time he pees, it all goes OUTSIDE of the diaper, defeating the whole purpose of diapers. It's the weirdest thing. His pee always soaks through whatever he's wearing or puddles up in the bed of the bililight box but not a single drop in his diapers. Finally I tried pointing his thing-a-ling downwards in the diaper when I change him and so far it has worked. Phew. Is that normal? We wonder if it has something to do with the size of his equipment - maybe this is TMI but I think it's pretty funny so I'm saying it anyway...At Jonathan's first ultrasound when the nurse found the thing proving he was a boy, she commented about how unusually big it was. Then at his delivery, one of the first things the doctor said after Jonathan was born was, "Now that's a well-endowed boy." Hmmm...very interesting. So maybe the poor little guy just can't keep the thing in his pants very easily, and the pee just shoots out everywhere else.
There are so many more stories but I gotta stop somewhere.
He's just so cute :)
You have figured out the best trick that I know. Point it DOWN!!
ReplyDeleteOtherwise I try switching up diaper sizes and that can help too. So far Matt has not peed once during a diaper change but he has pooped. I have to say that boys keep it much more exciting than girls.
Wow, I don't remember that happening at all. In fact, I think Laura spaced out her dirty diapers rather well and I didn't felt like I was changing tons of diapers. Good luck with that!
ReplyDeleteI just discovered the perfect device for your changing problem. You should have it by the end of the week. :) I also think little Jonathan has inherited Stephen's comedic timing. He sure knew how to clear a room at Whitman.
ReplyDeleteLOL I love it!!!! Colton and I were dying laughing ;D Thank you! ;D He's so cute and congrats again!! Love ya!
ReplyDelete-Kara
Hilarious!!!! I remember thinking how amazing it was that multiple adults can sit around and stare at a baby and be completely entertained. :o) Have you thought about using cloth?
ReplyDeletelove this... lol.
ReplyDeleteThe same experience happened with us too! We were having to change his clothes 3 times a day. Why don't people tell you before you go through a zillion diapers! sorry I didn't tell you...:)
ReplyDelete