Isaac is six months now. He is such a sweet little baby. He loves to smile. He is so friendly. He is a very ambitious baby - he's constantly moving. I put him on the ground and when I turn around just 30 seconds later he has rolled and scooted several feet away from where I had laid him down. Jonathan was so different from this. We would lay Jonathan down on his belly and he was like a beached whale until he was 9 or 10 months. He would just lay there and cry basically. It's so fun to see the differences in their personalities so early on.
Here are some pics of Isaac we took recently:
Isaac has amazing big blue eyes - just like his Daddy. I love em.
Jonathan is such a happy boy lately. He's at such a fun age. He is talking SO much. It seems like he adds a couple new words into his growing vocabulary every day. He's even starting to say little sentences, like, "I want some" (sounds more like I ahnsome), and "There's Daddy!" We love dancing and playing and singing with him. He loves saying hi and bye to strangers in the store. It's so cute. He is becoming such a friendly little guy.
Here's a silly pic we took of him recently. You'll notice he's recently discovered that his finger fits perfectly in his nostrils.
Starting last fall, I've been teaching two choir classes at the Gifted School of Music in SL. The choirs only meet on Saturday, one hour each. But it's a fun diversion for me. Here are some pics Stephen recently took of me -- the school needed a head shot for their website.
I haven't taken a picture of just Me for a long time.
I know it seems weird that I'm posting these pics but it was a good reminder for me that I'm not just a mom but that I'm also an individual. Usually I'm covered in spit-up (Isaac is a perpetually running faucet) and flour, with no make-up on and my hair up in a knot. It's good to remember that there's an individual under all of that, and that I have unique talents, expression, and beauty -- we all do -- and as mothers I think we can forget that...at least I know I do. That being said though I think being a mother has also helped me discover a lot about myself as an individual. I love the scripture that says that as we lose ourselves in the service of others that we actually find ourselves.
I really enjoy being a mother. It's tough work, but it's so fulfilling. Right now, I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed because I'm not getting much sleep, but I'm trying to remind myself that it will pass.








Love your kiddos blue eyes! And you are gorgeous! Thanks for that great reminder about motherhood. I feel the same way many times. :)
ReplyDeleteAlainna, you are beautiful! They might be adding another class when everyone sees your pretty face online :) I hope we get to see you all soon!!
ReplyDeleteWow Isaac is adorable! You look amazing and I'm glad you are updating about yourself and kids. I'm glad Jonathan is being more social! I had the same feelings about no sleep the past few months since I was sick on top of that. Yes it will pass! The last 4 nights I've gotten soo much more sleep and I already feel like a different person. I hope it sticks
ReplyDeleteYour boys are so sweet. And your head shots look awesome. I feel for you with the sleeping issue. Jane has slept through the night maybe a dozen times so far in her 18 month life (two of those being the last two nights). Your sleep will come and so will mine. Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteMason says: Your babies are cute! How's it going there? I'm drawing robots and I did "The Jewel Fish of Karnak" (by Graeme Base) and finished the mystery!
ReplyDeleteSammy says: I'm tired.
Lincoln says: Ugh-gig-o!!!
I say: Love you guys!! All the pictures are great! My boys thought Jonathan picking his nose was the best shot. Hahaha!
It was so good to see you if only for a few minutes it seemed! I loved what you said about being a mother. I LOVE it! And yes, there are definitely times when it is frustrating and difficult, but it is hard to stay that way for long. These little kiddos bring so much love and joy! The choir thing you do sounds like SO much fun! Hope you start getting a little more sleep! ;)
ReplyDeleteNice pictures!
ReplyDeletehttps://www.cekaja.com/info/promo-ramadhan-kartu-kredit-bni