Thursday, August 11, 2011

Isaac at 1 month


It's hard for me to find time to blog lately....I'm sure you can imagine why.  But things are going well mostly.  Just busy.  Stephen and I agree that the transition from 1 to 2 children has been easier thus far than the transition from 0 to 1.  I'm not sure if that's because Isaac is just an "easier" baby, or if it's because we know better what to expect this time around.

We sure love our little Isaac.  I just love looking into his big eyes and feeling pure love and feeling every care in the world just melt away.  I love cuddling him against my chest (I love how newborns don't have the strength to push away yet :)) and feeling him breathe next to me and being in awe of the miracle of life.  

The biggest challenge has been what I think it usually is with having a newborn -- functioning on minimal sleep.  And not just to function but be patient and kind despite the fact that getting little sleep makes me not-so-patient and kind.  Some days go better than others...  

Here are some pics of Isaac we took today on his 1 month mark.






4 comments:

  1. He is sooo beautiful and I cannot believe he is 1 month already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i saw the pictures, i thought, he looks just like jonathan, but then i looked at the shots of jonathan from a while ago on your blog, and they do look really different--but they're wearing the same overalls! i knew there was a connection. he's beautiful. i'm so glad your transition is easier this time. i'm still on the fence. i think it's really hard to take care of an infant and a toddler at the same time. but the transition from 0 to 1 IS hard. some day we'll stop playing phone tag and catch up for real :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a doll! Glad you are adjusting well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so adorable! He really does have beautiful big eyes. Hope you start to get more sleep now that he is a little older.

    ReplyDelete