Friday, January 28, 2011

The Continuing Saga of the Snow Plow

You may have noticed in the news that the northern pacific coast has been hit hard this winter with SNOW.  Before the snow from the last dump has time to melt much, we are hit again with yet another storm.  So now we are up to a couple feet of snow in the areas that haven't been plowed.  I actually love it, except for one thing.  You may remember seeing pics a couple posts ago of what our snow plower did in "helping" us clear snow out of our apartment parking lot.  I thought that surely it was a mistake and there would be enough complaints to ensure that it NEVER happened again like that.  My mistake.  A few days ago, we had another storm come through.  We got over 12 inches.  And lo and behold, the snow plower did the same trick he did before.  Every car in the parking lot was stuck behind 4 feet of snow. 

Stephen dutifully went and borrowed a shovel again from the office to shovel us out, taking upwards of an hour again.  That night it did not snow at all.  However, when we went out to our parking lot the next morning, to our annoyance the plow had come by AGAIN and pushed another couple feet up against our car.  Apparenty he didn't think he did a good enough job the first time because some cars had managed to untrap themselves, heaven forbid.  Oy vay.  So, whimpering this time, Stephen again went and shoveled us out of the mess.

One of the difficulites in shoveling a car out is where on earth do we put the snow?  Back into the parking lot?  No, of course, because then we can't drive in it.  So we are left with only one option and that is to *wince* put it behind the cars next to you who have not shoveled themselves out.  Stephen tries to avoid this but you can't avoid it entirely.  He just hopes that the owner of said car does not makes her appearance while Stephen is IN THE PROCESS of dumping a couple more feet of snow around her car. 


In the snow plower or office's defense (I don't really know who to blame), perhaps there really is no other way to do it.  It's a big parking lot.  And there's no where to put the MOUNDS of snow that just keeps pouring down.  Except behind the cars, to leave the shoveling job to any one wanting to get out.  Maybe there is no other way around it. 


Incidentally, I have noticed many more taxis coming in and out of our parking lot.  There's one, albeit expensive, solution. 

But have I mentioned how BEAUTIFUL the snow is?  It's worth the disturbance it causes.

3 comments:

  1. That is crazy! I'm pretty sure I would just stay in. After all, I would have an extra good excuse, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brent and I think the post is so funny. This is just the way it is. Let me spell it out. Everytime it snows the snowplow will come thru and throw snow at you. Then you get your shovel (yes, go buy one) and shovel yourselves out. . .into the parking lot.
    Maybe you guys are out of your element and need to go back west.

    ReplyDelete