And the moment we've all been waiting for:
He's sitting up! He sort of leans forward on his legs but I think it counts. We actually took these pictures a couple weeks ago, a few hours after posting the last blog entry about how he was not sitting up yet.
Turns out that day was pretty eventful for him because that evening we gave him his first solids meal -- watered down rice cereal. Yum. He loved it. Our pediatrician recommended waiting till he was 6 months old so we jumped the gun by a couple weeks. But I decided he was ready. He screams at the dinner table while we're eating, reaching out for our food and screaming until we give him a taste. I've been letting him have few tastes of my green smoothies in the mornings and he LOVES them. So we figured it was time.
I made the amount recommended on the box for a first feeding and he ended up eating that plus two more servings. I expected most of it to end up on his clothes but he was actually really good at swallowing it. His clothes were hardly dirty. He's a good eater. We documented the event with some pictures. Can you tell how eager he is?
Here are just a few more pictures of him:
He hates this rubber chicken. When you squeeze it, it shrieks loudly, and he thinks it's terrifying. My sister's 15 month old hated it too. For some reason the fact that babies are scared of the thing is kinda funny to me.
He is so cute! He looks a bit scared of the rubber chiken in the last picture(Ha, ha, ha).So exciting that he is sitting up. Now that I think of it, the rubber chiken does look a little scary. Miss You Guys!
ReplyDelete~Emma Gentry
Oh yes, the rubber chicken. I think our kids were kind of afraid of it too (at least when it shrieked). What fun milestones for him! He's a cutie!
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe how bright and alert his little cutie face is! Thanks for sharing these fun moments
ReplyDeleteHe is a doll Alainna! I love all of the pictures, especially the last one with the rubber chicken. can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!
ReplyDeleteOh my! That last picture of him is the best!! A terrified stare it looks like.
ReplyDelete