Jonathan is almost 5 months old now! I am loving this age. He smiles and giggles so much and makes the cutest expressions. He rolled over from his back to his stomach for the first time a few weeks ago and then didn't again until this week. Today he rolled from his stomach to his back, which was a first. He loves loves loves to be outside. It's the sure remedy to any fussiness. He loves to be in his Bjorn carrier. So I just strap him to me wherever I go and he's happy as a clam as long he's in the carrier.
He gets very easily distracted now when I am nursing him. It can be frustrating but usually is just really funny. When he hears something while he's drinking, he'll jerk away and look around with a very serious expression trying to figure out what's going on. Or if I sneeze or cough or something, he stops drinking and stares at me suspiciously as if he's saying, "I'm keeping my eye on you.."

He loves it when we sing to him. He just stares up at us adoringly. We caught it on camera here.
So trusting and so precious. He's my biggest fan. Yesterday I was singing to him as I lay next to him on the bed. We were so close our noses were almost touching. He just looked at me as I looked at him and he lay really still and listened. It was such a tender moment. As I lay there, I had a strong impression that singing to my sweet children would be the most meaningful way I could use my voice, more than any prestigious singing engagements on the most important stages of the world. I feel so blessed to be Jonathan's mommy!
Great pictures!!! I'm so happy he loves to be sung to. It's perfect. He is going to be a talented little guy. The nursing just gets harder. When I feed Austin, Tyler can't talk, no music, no tv, no computer screen on somewhere near...or he will not eat. But I think that makes it all the better.
ReplyDeleteCute pictures Alainna. He is a typical baby without typical parents - your singing isn't like the rest of us singing to our mom's. I"m sure that's why he just looks and stares at you. How can he help it.
ReplyDeleteSandy
I died when I saw that first picture...cutest thing ever! One woman told me a few years ago that the best singing would be singing lullabies to my children one day, and that seems to be true for you! You are lovely.
ReplyDeleteJonathon is so darn cute!!♥
ReplyDelete