Our two year anniversary was on the 26th of April, the day after Jonathan was due. So glad that little guy came early, have I said that before? Anyway, Stephen said he would take me on a surprise date, mostly because we couldn't agree on what restaurant to go to so that way he would just decide and there would be no more discussion. I loved this idea. I love surprises, even if in this case it means I no longer have a say in where we would eat out. So the big moment arrived and Stephen drove us to...

Definitely a surprise. This might sound strange but I was so excited! I am my father's child and I LOVE Chuck-A-Rama. I think my love for buffet in general started way back when Grandpa Fielding used to take us to Roy's Chuckwagon after church on Sunday. Yep, those were the good ol' days. We loved it. Chuck-A-Rama is even better than Roy's if you can believe it. Not so ghetto. But still pretty ghetto, let's be honest. I'm pretty sure we were the only ones there who were not over the age of 60.
Anyway, we had a great time stuffing our faces. Afterward, I vowed I would never eat again, what I usually say after eating out at buffets. I love buffets but the truth is I hate how I feel afterward.
Sorry I don't have a picture of us there to post to document the experience - I told Stephen to bring his camera so we could take a picture afterward to remember the whole affair but he refused when we got there saying that going to Chuck-A-Rama for our anniversary was embarrassing.
During dinner we talked about the highlights of our second year of marriage. Nine months (almost) of pregnancy and the birth of our first child definitely topped the list. Others highlights included me finishing up my bachelor's degree FINALLY, our first professional recital together, going back to Cannon Beach where we had spent our honeymoon, and Stephen's auditioning for DMA programs and choosing to go to Stony Brook in NY.
We had such a wonderful second year of marriage. We love being married to each other and look forward to many more exciting years to come!
A picture of us at Cannon Beach last November. We have lots of fun together :)

Happy Anniversary! You two are great together. We can't wait to see you THREE soon!
ReplyDelete"chuck-your-grandma???" (thats what the robinson family calls it anyway, hehe) LOL that is awesome, guys!! glad yall had a fun date! :) congrats on two years!
ReplyDeleteSo funny. I agree with Stephen, it is kinda embarassing, but we won't tell:)
ReplyDeleteThe pics of Jonathan are sooo cute. I'm excited to use Susan too. Hoping she'll capture some cute family moments for us. (Stephen's not half bad either) I think J looks like Stephen.
I LOVE Chuck-A-Rama!! That is where we had our wedding lunch. Happy Anniversary! I love the picture you posted - brought back memories of your laugh and how much fun it was hanging out with you as a youth.
ReplyDeleteSo romantic♥
ReplyDelete